Your All-America City welcomes you.
Attractions & Festivals
A place to spend quality time.
Vintage Delights & more!
Cupcake Cuties Cafe & Bakery will host a Penguin Cake Class from 6 until 7:30 pm on Tuesday, January 23 in Thomasville. They will be making this super cute penguin cake! Class includes all supplies and instructions. $40 and super fun! Stop by the bakery or call them at 336-448-5015 to sign up, prepayment is required. 10 spaces available!
Chair City Tavern will host live music by Jukebox Rehab at 6:30 pm on Wednesday evening, January 24 in Thomasville. Wine and pasta specials every Wednesday as well!
Copper still Taproom hosts Trivia Night from 7-10 pm on Wednesday, January 24 in Thomasville. Come join them and bring your friends! Half price on select wines!
Learn Basket Weaving techniques with LuAnn and make this versatile large tote you'll be proud to use at the Wallburg Emporium & Coffee Shop from 6 until 8 pm on Thursday, January 26 in Wallburg.
$45 covers class fee and materials.
YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER AND PAY AT THE EMPORIUM
Edward C. Smith Civic Center hosts the Collingsworth Family in concert from 7 pm until on Thursday, January 25 in Lexington. Tickets available at carolinachristianacademy.org. For more information, call 336.472.8950.
Salem Vintage R&R will host a Craft Party: DIY Dream Catcher from 6 until 8 pm on Friday, January 26 in Thomasville.
Learn how to make your very own dreamcatcher in this craft party lead by Pam Baldwin owner/designer of paperclutch. At this craft party, Pam will take you through the steps of how to create a dream catcher that will look amazing in any room in your house.
All of the supplies are ready for you to build the dreamcatcher of your dreams including 12" hoop, crochet doily, ribbon, lace, feather, and twine. You can also bring personal objects and decorations you'd like to incorporate into your dreamcatcher.
This event is BYOB friendly!
Sophie's Cork & Ale will host Tyler Millard on stage from 7 until 10 pm on Friday, January 26 in Lexington.
Wine Down Friday Night 2018 kick off…
It’s full moon Friday Night fun at Weathervane Winery with DJ Mark Tuttle! Wine-down Friday Night 2018 begins January 26 from 7 pm until 10 pm in the Weathervane Event Center. Mark will play songs from the 70’s and today. Enjoy Weathervane wine, great music, and see your friends! Admission is $5 per person. Wine Club free admission.
Join Copper Still Taproom for a great night of Karaoke with KJ Jody from 8 until on Friday, January 26 in Thomasville. Keep the request coming for a fun night of singing and dancing!
High Rock Outfitters hosts Heather Gillis Band from 9 pm until on Friday, January 26 in Lexington. Admission fee is $10.
Heather Gillis is the complete package as a guitar player, lap steel player, songwriter, singer and arranger. She and her band have the stage presence and confidence to appeal to a variety of musical tastes be it rock, soul, jazz, roots or gospel. At 22 years old, Heather has not only formed a following at a local level, but has played alongside and befriended members of the The Allman Brothers Band, Col Bruce Hampton, The Lee Boys, North Mississippi All-Stars, Matt Schofield, and many more. In 2015 Heather was drafted by (legendary Allman Brothers drummer) Butch Trucks to be a member of his touring band, Butch Trucks and the Freight Train Band (2015-2017).
Heather’s live shows are energetic and consist of her original music as well as rock, soul, and roots music.
The NC Concealed Carry Handgun Training course will be held from 8 am until 5 pm on Saturday, January 27 in Thomasville. The course is a comprehensive class required by North Carolina if you are interested in obtaining your Concealed Carry Handgun Permit (CCH). This class does not issue you the permit, but provides you the certificate to file with the Sheriff's department to obtain your permit.
• 8 hours of mandatory classroom training
• Two hours discussing Legal Issues - Deadly Force for Self-defense and the laws concerning when you may or may not carry your handgun
• Handgun Safety, Marksmanship Fundamentals, Carrying Concealed, Safety Issues, Presentation Techniques, Cleaning and Maintenance, Ammunition, Proficiency Drills (Range)
• Each Student must pass a 20 question multiple-choice test about the legalities of carrying a concealed handgun and the use of deadly force.
Range Time & Qualification
• Familiarization of handguns will be completed in the classroom at Hasty Fire Department, 1306 Joe Moore Rd, Thomasville, NC 27360
• We will qualify with your firearm near the same address.
• You will be required to demonstrate how to safely load, unload the handgun as well as shoot the handgun at a B27 target.
• The instructor will determine if the student is proficient in handling the firearm by observing how well they perform the practical exercise.
• Shooting proficiently is determined by the score the student receives after shooting 30 rounds at a life sized silhouette.
• Students are required to shoot from the distances of 3, 5 and 7 yards.
Items Required for the Class
• You must have NC issued ID or Government ID
• You cannot be convicted of any felonies or are awaiting trial for a felony
• You cannot be an illegal alien and must me a citizen of the USA.
• You must be at least 18 years of age, (YOU MUST BE 21 TO APPLY FOR A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT)
• Handgun that you plan on carrying (If you do not have a handgun to shoot, one can be rented for you for additional $20)
• 50 rounds Ammo
• Bring Pen and Paper
• Eye and Ear protection, preferably Ear Muffs
• Dress comfortable for the occasion. No flip flops!
NO LOADED FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM!!!
The class will start promptly at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday. We will take regular breaks and take a short break for lunch. If you have any questions prior to the course, please feel free to give me a call or email me.
There will be a lot of student participation during the course. I am sure you will enjoy your training and I look forward to seeing you at the course.
Hasty Fire Department
1306 Joe Moore Road
Thomasville, NC 27360
WESMAR Shooting Range
1492 Horneytown Road
High Point, NC
8am to 5pm
CLASS IS $65 WHICH INCLUDES RANGE FEE!
Wanderlust Clothing & Accessory Boutique hosts Lula & Boutique Boho Mix Up! from 12 until 2 on Saturday, January 27 in Thomasville. If you like the best of both worlds, join them Saturday the 27th when they show you how to blend the perfect outfit. Grab your girlfriend and be ready to shop!
“Love the history in the old Belks building! The Thomasville Emporium has a great variety of items from goat soap to jellies and jams (and hot sauce!); from recently vintage goods to antiques galore!”